John Fitzgerald Obituary, Death, John Fitzgerald Has Passed Away

John Fitzgerald Obituary, Death – John Joseph Fitzgerald (Fitzy) died suddenly of an acute illness at the age of 60. John Fitzgerald was born at Winchester Hospital to parents John and Peggy Fitzgerald. He was the oldest of five children. Growing up, John was always eager for new experiences. In 1967, the family relocated to Belmont. John enjoyed both hockey and baseball. When John was 10 years old, he saved up enough money to purchase his first dirt bike. His parents weren’t sure where John got the money, but they knew it wasn’t from them. John had a lot of fun riding his dirt bike around town. His passion for motorbikes expanded over time, and the family relocated to Burlington to give the kids greater space to play and ride.

John was always eager to assist his father around the house. His father was a handyman, and the two did everything from plumbing to electrical repair, and everything in between, to keep their house functioning well. In his adolescence, John faced various difficult obstacles and became a bigger handful for his parents. Yet, their love never faded. They did everything they could to assist him in becoming a healthy and successful adult. He attended a private school in Belmont and nevertheless graduated from Burlington High School.

John was always working hard; he was never idle for long and rarely sat motionless. He was always doing something, whether it was driving trucks, painting, carpentry, odd jobs here and there, or simply riding his Harley across the countryside. Then he met Lynne, and they had their first child, Butch, who made him the happiest man on the planet. They were able to buy their first home in Woburn before moving to a larger home in Winchendon. The birth of Jake was their second proudest moment. John was ecstatic about both of his sons and their achievements. He never lost his love of riding, however, and was often out on his Harley in his leisure time. He rode his Harley all year, even during a blizzard.

John got sober over 30 years ago and became a major advocate for those who were attempting to do the same. He has assisted hundreds of people in remaining sober. John had a GOLDEN heart, which he demonstrated every day with his acts. When he was terminally ill, he drove his cousin Bobby around town just to get them out of the house. That made him pleased just to see Bobby smile. He would drive for an hour or more to provide rides to meetings for anyone in need. He’d give his last penny to anyone. He lived paycheck to paycheck, but that didn’t stop him from sharing what he had with others. John was an excellent cook who enjoyed preparing delicious meals for his family and friends, particularly a perfectly grilled steak.

John Fitzgerald of Tyngsborough was the adored son of John and Margaret (Peggy) Fitzgerald. Butch and Jake Fitzgerald adored their father. Kathleen Fitzgerald of Shirley, Patricia (Patti Fitzgerald) Ungerson and her husband Andrew (Andy) of Billerica, Brian Fitzgerald of Tyngsborough, and the late Michael Fitzgerald all adored him. He was the uncle to Sean and Matt Fitzgerald, as well as Celia and Drew Ungerson, and he is survived by his beloved partner, Melissa Goranson of Fitchburg. He leaves behind a large number of family and friends, too numerous to enumerate. He had a big impact on so many people’s lives and will be sadly missed.